Dural Poolsmart is committed to the protection of personal information. We are bound to comply with the National Privacy Principles under the privacy act, 1988 (Cth) relating to personal information. The principles set out in this document apply to personal information you provide via our website, promotions or other sources.
We collect personal information about our customers, such as their names, addresses telephone numbers, email addresses and credit card and eftpos details where this information is necessary for us to carry out our business activities. Specifically this means we gather personal information to enable us to:
• Contact customers from time to time to obtain an assessment of product performance and quality, including contacting customers following purchase to ensure that the product is working.
• Inform our customers via direct marketing about developments in our business including new lines of product and up-coming promotions. We may use service providers (such as graphic designers, printers and posting services) to assist us with this. Recipients of our mail outs may notify us should they wish to discontinue receipt at any time.
• Access customer’s details quickly by our personnel for warranty or product performance issues.
Dural Poolsmart collects Personal Information primarily to supply customers with the products and services ordered from it and its related companies. Dural Poolsmart also collects and uses Personal Information for secondary purposes including:
• billing and account management
• business planning and product development; and
• To provide indviduals with information about promotions, as well as the products and services of Dural Poolsmart affiliated companies and other organisations.
• To enhance the online shopping experience by displaying products and/or services that match the personal preferences of individuals based on their previous website browsing history and/or buying activity.
We collect personal information directly from the individual concerned wherever practicable. Where information is not obtained directly from the individual, we obtain personal information in accordance with law. We may also collect information through email contact or through access to our web site www.store.poolsmart.com.au . Any request for information through these manners will require the person requesting the information to provide to us certain personal information including mailing and email addresses.
The personal information that we hold is generally kept confidential. However, in servicing our customers, we may be required to disclose personal information to certain third parties, which may include:
• Onsite maintenance staff for servicing or repair work to be carried out.
• Our suppliers where they are required to carry out warranty work on their products on site.
We do not disclose personal information for the purpose of third party direct marketing.
We only disclose personal information to third parties where we are expressly requested to do so by our customers in relation to their dealings with us or as required by law.
We make every effort to ensure that the personal information we collect is kept secure and take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
We make every effort to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. We will, on request, provide you with details of the personal information we have collected about you. To obtain details of this information, or if you wish us to update your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 02 9651 4133 or fax 02 9651 4122.